Saturday, April 29, 2006

Whole Lotta Somethin' Goin' On...


First off, my apologies to those of you who haven't been able to find Yenny #4 at your local comic shop, especially those of you who sought out issues at Coy's Comics in Saginaw, MI. As I think I mentioned earlier (or maybe I didn't...), Coy's was supposed to order ten copies for me, three for my pal Premo and five for the store to sell, which I was to sign. But a mix-up in shipping caused Coy's to only receive three issues, all of which I bought. They implied that they MIGHT get more in, but thus far I'm not sure that it's happened. I encourage you guys to check out www.aliasenterprises.com and see if you can order some issues directly from the publisher.

Next order of business: I'll be in Freeland, MI tonight at the Skyroom drawing caricatures for Merrill High School's prom from 6-11 pm. If anyone reading this happens to attend the event, I look forward to meeting you (or if someone I already know from Merrill is reading this, I look forward to seeing you again, at least!). Laura will be attending with me, and it should be a pretty nice event.

And finally, by the beginning of next week, I should have some BIG news to share, bigger even than my work in Yenny #4. News that may have a very positive effect in my career. I'll leave it at that for now until the cement hardens, so to speak. Until then, I'll be drawing odd shapes in the sidewalk for you guys to ponder until the path is ready to be walked upon.

I leave you now with a cartoon I drew of Hellboy and his two teammates, Abe Sapien and Liz (click on the image for full-size). If you don't know who Hellboy is, visit your local video store, or check out www.hellboy.com, the official site of the character and his creator, Mike Mignola.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna guess that your big news is.. a psychic told you you'll find $1 million in a paper bag in which you can fulfill your dreams. The bag will also contain a multi-color pen.