Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sneak Preview of Pillow Billy


I figured now was as good a time as any to introduce you all to Pillow Billy, my children's book that's still in progress. I've included the first completed page of the book for you to see (again, click on the image to view it full-sized), which will hopefully give you the flavor of the book and a hint of what the completed work will be like. I'd like to point out that while the text is exactly as it will be read in the completed book, the font and layout of the text are not set in stone. At this point, I'm either going to have my friend Justin assist me by laying out the text in Quark (a page layout program) or I'll be lettering the book by hand to maintain the scratchy, messy, homemade quality of the book. On a related note, I hope you'll notice the dramatic change in art style that I've adopted for this piece. At any rate, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Doc Shaner said...

Hey! That's great man! I'd love to see more! Are you self-publishing this or what? Either way, really like the design of Pillow Billy.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't call it a drastic change in art style, since you seem to have the same basic layout for people (and Hump, to be exact). But I did notice a whole lot more shading and color changes than normal, making everything look a bit more realistic and less like a cartoon. As always, it's specatcular.

Anonymous said...

I'm such a big fan of your work that it borders on stalker.