Monday, January 31, 2011

THE THEME TO THIS WEEK'S LIVE SKETCH SHOW IS....

It was another great turnout at last week's Live Sketch on Ustream! 60's and 70's cartoon characters proved to be a popular theme. You can see a sampling of the sketches I did below:


One of my viewers, Rico DuPont, guessed my trivia question and won the Jabberjaw sketch above. There will be another trivia question this week, and another original sketch awarded as the prize! And speaking of this week….

This week's show is already planned, and should be even more fun that the previous two! And that's because this week's Live Sketch theme is…

Well blow me down! It's Popeye week! That means I'll draw the one eyed sailor and any characters that relate to him--Olive Oyl, Bluto, Swee'pea, Wimpy, Geezil, Castor, Alice the Goon, Eugene the Jeep, The Sea Hag, Ham Gravy, and other any related characters from the Thimble Theater cast!*

(*Thimble Theater is the comic strip that originally starred Olive Oyl and her family back in 1919. In 1929, it introduced Popeye. The comic has subsequently gone by both "Thimble Theater" and "Popeye").

Now, I'm changing things up a bit this week. For one, I'm not just taking suggestions for characters like before. I'm now taking suggestions for characters AND scenarios. You want to see Popeye punching Bluto in the gut? Done! You want to see Alice the Goon pushing Swee-pea in a baby carriage? Done! You want to see Wimpy chasing Eugene the Jeep with a meat grinder in an attempt to create the most magical hamburger of all time? Done! Just think of any situation with any single or combination of characters, and I'll do it. Just be creative, like Popeye-creator E.C. Segar would be! And if you're unfamiliar with the characters, these two links should help: 

Again, here's how to contact me during the show via Ustream's chat window. You need to log in to Ustream to use the window, but registering is easy. It only takes a username and an email address. Once you've entered that info, you can chat with me and make suggestions.

These more elaborate sketches will take me longer than usual, so this week I'm expanding my show to AN HOUR AND A HALF! So from 8:00-9:30 pm Eastern time, I'll fill you guys so full of Spinach-enriched Popeye drawings and trivia that you'll be able to Punch Bluto clear around the world and back again! You can find my show at THIS LINK.

In the meantime if you have any questions, e-mail me at: fourpanelhero@hotmail.com and I'll do my best to answer 'em. Can't wait to draw some Popeye for you guys on Wednesday! See you then, ya swabs!

--Jay


1 comment:

Phymns said...

I am waiting for the STAR TREK week. Then I got request after request after request. :)