Wednesday, January 09, 2013

SKETCH SHOW, BODIE TROLL, AND DEAD DUCK TOO!

My Live Sketch Show returns tonight at 8 pm eastern time. I'm working on Marvel sketch cards, and will be taking suggestions from my viewers about which characters I should draw. You can give me suggestions during my show via Ustream's chat window. You need to log in to Ustream to use the window, but registering is easy. It only takes a username and an email address. Once you've entered that info, you can chat with me while I draw. I hope to see some of you online!
_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm just putting the finishing touches on issue #1 of BODIE TROLL (coming in March! Order it through your local comic shop now!). Everything is done on it, except for an 'end of issue' statement that I'm creating, and I'm waiting on the first couple guest pin-ups to come in. I've lined up several artists to do their renditions (pin-ups) of my 'Bodie' characters, and I'll run those as special features at the end of each issue. Already I've received one awesome pin-up from Justin Castaneda, and I've seen the almost-complete pieces of James Anderson and Robb Mommaerts. These guys' brilliant illustrations make ME want to buy the comic, and I created the book! In the meantime, I've already drawn the first page of issue #2 of BODIE TROLL, and things are progressing nicely! Here's a sneak peek at Bodie getting attacked (By what? How come? better buy the book to find out!) in issue #1...
________________________________________________________________________________

DEAD DUCK has just rolled out a new episode online, and it's my absolute favorite. "A Minion of Death Takes a Holiday" has Dead Duck and Zombie Chick entangled in a gory and goofy mystery that challenges Dead Duck's role as a Minion! Chocked full of more trivia than any other Dead Duck story, this is one not to be missed! Visit at the link above!

And speaking of Dead Duck, I'll leave you now with a commission that recently came across my desk. A fan of my work asked me to take the script from a classic POGO comic strip (written and drawn by the great Walt Kelly), and redraw that comic using Dead Duck and Zombie Chick, which I've posted below. I've also included the original POGO comic for comparison.


Catch you on my Live Sketch Show tonight!

--Jay




 

1 comment:

ebd said...

Pogo!