Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Just a quick update and I'm outta here...!

I'm juggling several projects and gigs at once, so busy is the rule of the day. As such, this week's blog post will be a short one...
The latest issue of "Rue Morgue Magazine" just came out, and I received my comped copy in the mail yesterday. It's always a thrill to see my "Necronomicomics" in the pages of Rue Morgue. if you want to be thrilled too, go out to your local bookstore and pick up issue #120 of Rue Morgue. In the meantime, here's a peek at the cartoon from a few issues back. It's lampooning the 1973 British horror film, "The Wicker Man" (not to be mistaken for the abysmal 2006 remake starring Nicolas Cage). The gist of it is, a colony of Pagans in Scotland sacrifice virgins by burning them inside a giant wicker effigy. It's a truly wonderful and chilling flick, and was a real treat to parody in "Necronomicomics":
Finally, I'm able to tell you guys about the latest comic I'm writing and drawing for Ape Entertainment. It's called "Old McMonster's Haunted Farm", and features a cast of animals as classic movie monsters. The idea was conceived by Ape co-founder Brent Erwin, and the writing, art, lettering and coloring is all me. The book should come out sometime in 2012. And below is the character sheet I designed for the cast (click on it for a larger view).
Ape is currently producing a kid's comic called "Scouts", which is about a ragtag troop and their misadventures. I actually designed the main characters for the book last year, though it's written and drawn by others. If you check out the link above, you may notice some similarities to my cartooning style. You can see my original designs below:
As yet another reminder, keep checking out my "Dead Duck" web comic every Monday and Thursday. I'm currently running through the stories previously seen in my "Dead Duck" graphic novel, but with some enhancements and lots of trivia behind each story's creation. And soon enough, I'll be running some brand new "Dead Duck" stories, so follow along with the comic so you don't miss out!

That's it for this week. Take care my friend, and talk to you next Wednesday!

--Jay

1 comment:

ebd said...

Cool stuff!

Have you seen this "Little League" strip? http://tinyurl.com/7kcrgd3