Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS


My kids made it to me just in time! Five boxes worth of my Dead Duck graphic novel arrived at my door at 2:15 yesterday afternoon. I carefully and anxiously peeled away the wrapping, pulled out the first book within my reach and…

It's perfect. It's a beautiful, slick volume of Dead Duck, containing what I believe to be the best work of my career thus far. It actually turned out better than I could have hoped for. And now more than ever, I cannot wait to put it in your hands. I think you're gonna be impressed.

And if you want to be first in line for a copy of Dead Duck, then you need to get to Coy's Comics in old town Saginaw on November 27th--Black Friday (again, how appropriate!)-- between 12 and 2 pm. It's my first Dead Duck signing, and it being my hometown comic shop, I couldn't be more proud or excited to begin it here, since this is where my comic book appreciation began twenty five years ago! Click here for directions. And for any other info, call Coy's at (989)790-1810. I hope to see you there!

This being the day before Thanksgiving, obviously I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for the good fortune that's allowed me to fulfill my dream of being a published cartoonist, and the vision to see that there's still further to climb, and more dreams to accomplish. I'm thankful for my wife, Laura, for believing in me and supporting me in every way possible. And I'm thankful for all of you, for your combined and individual support. As a group, you'd made Dead Duck possible. And as individuals, so many of you have contributed personally, in inspiration, motivation, much needed relief and so much more. So I'm thankful for you guys. Corny, maybe. But true.

The happiest of Thankgivings to all you guys. Much love, and more fun to come!

--Jay

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ALL RIGHT JAY!!!!

WHOOOOO!

ebd said...

Yaaaayyyy!

John Tanner said...

Hooraaaaaaaay Jaaaaay